Free Agent DT Ndamukong Suh is arguably the best available player this late in the off-season. There currently aren’t too many teams that need a DT right now, but the few teams that do I’ll rank below!
- Oakland Raiders. The Raiders brought in Johnathan Hankins on a 2 year deal. With that, the Raiders could still improve their interior DL. Suh would bring a dominant presence from day 1 & contribute in a big way. He would force coaches to game plan around him every week, which would take the pressure off some of their other linemen.
- Houston Texans. The Texans have been quiet during Free Agency, with the exception of Bradley Roby. With $40M cap space, this move would be pretty easy for Houston to make, and it would take their DL over the top. Houston currently has Brandon Dunn as their interior Defensive Lineman. With Suh manning the middle & JJ Watt manning the edge, the Texans will have a dominant DL for the next few seasons.
- Denver Broncos. Denver currently has only $10M cap space which would make a contract hard to finalize, but I think they could pull it off. They currently have Shelby Harris & rookie Dremont Jones at DT, but could still look to add another piece to their already stout DL. While Denver runs a 3-4, there will only be enough spots for a couple interior linemen, so a camp battle would be fun to watch if they can land Suh.
- Los Angeles Chargers. The Chargers just drafted Jerry Tillery a couple weeks ago, but could still upgrade over Brandon Mebane. Ndamukong Suh is arguably the missing link to an already great DL. The Chargers’ line would look like this: Melvin Ingram, Ndamukong Suh, Jerry Tillery, and Joey Bosa. If they can land Suh, that could take their team to the next level for the next few seasons.
- Detroit Lions. The Lions don’t desperately need a DT, but a reunion could be in store for the Lions and Suh. Detroit currently has Ashawn Robinson & Damon Harrison, and just drafted PJ Johnson; therefore, DT isn’t on the top of their needs, but a good rotation never hurt anybody.
Suh totaled 59 tackles & 4.5 sacks with the Rams last season, and could be looking for a big payday this off-season.