Every year there are teams who completely rebuild their offense from top to bottom. Some teams will build around the QB, and others will go out and bring in a passer via the draft or Free Agency. This article will feature the teams who helped their QBs succeed the most this off-season.
- Cleveland Browns. The Browns went out and surprised everyone by acquiring WR Odell Beckham Jr via trade. That was just one of the many acquisitions to the offense, including RB Kareem Hunt, Jaelen Strong, and OL Drew Forbes. Having 2 WRs like Jarvis Landry & Odell Beckham Jr are every QBs dream. Between Landry, Beckham Jr, and David Njoku, teams will be having fits about who to guard. Then once Kareem Hunt comes back from his suspension, the Browns will have a very good duo between Hunt & 2nd year RB Nick Chubb. I would expect a big year for this Browns offense, especially Baker Mayfield.
- Buffalo Bills. The Bills completely changed every part of their offense from last season. Their additions include Frank Gore, Mitch Morse, Cole Beasley, John Brown, TY Nsekhe, TJ Yeldon, Tyler Kroft, Quinton Spain, Devin Singletary, and Cody Ford to name a few. I think OC Brian Daboll and HC Sean McDermott will have fun working all of the different additions into the offense this year. If they can find a way to incorporate all the different players onto the field and make them work with Josh Allen, I don’t see why that offense wouldn’t be top 15 in the league.
- New York Jets. The Jets, much like the Bills and Browns, did a lot to help their 2nd year QB this off-season. They brought in the likes of WR Jamison Crowder, WR Josh Bellamy, RB Le’Veon Bell, Kelechi Osemele, RB Ty Montgomery, OL Chuma Edoga, and FB/TE Trevon Wesco. Bell will help take some of the load off of Darnold in the passing & rushing game, while Crowder will give Darnold another top target to rely on if somebody else gets injured. The additions of Osemele and Edoga will improve the OL, while also giving Bell some much needed lanes to run in. I would expect a much improved year from Darnold as well.
- Oakland Raiders. HC Jon Gruden and new GM Mike Mayock went on an offensive spree this off–season, adding WR Antonio Brown, WR Tyrell Williams, WR JJ Nelson, OL Richie Incognito, and drafted RB Josh Jacobs, WR Hunter Renfrow, and TE Foster Moreau. With the many WR additions this off-season, it will give Derek Carr a much better receiving corp to throw to than in previous years. The Richie Incognito experiment will also be fun to watch. We know what he’s capable of, but if he can stay sane, I think that will become a very sneaky pickup.
- Baltimore Ravens. The Ravens made sure that 2nd year QB Lamar Jackson will have a good 2019 season. They added WRs Marquise Brown, Miles Boykin and Michael Floyd, RBs Mark Ingram and Justice Hill, then topping it off with OL Ben Powers in the draft. With these additions, they have to be thinking that Lamar will have a much better season passing wise.
Another team that just barely missed my list are the Philadelphia Eagles. the Eagles brought in WRs Desean Jackson and JJ Arcega-Whiteside, RBs Jordan Howard and Miles Sanders, along with OL Andre Dilliard.