It was recently reported that Jacksonville Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey’s agent requested a trade from the team. Ramsey should garner a couple of high picks/a player. With that, we present you with Ramsey’s top landing spots.
- Oakland Raiders. The Raiders have a hole to fill at CB opposite Darryl Worley. Oakland is always looking to add more talent (as they proved earlier this off-season), and have the flexibility to do it with $26M to bring Ramsey in. There have been reports from Raiders beat writer Jerry McDonald that Oakland has interest in Ramsey, but cash up front is an issue. If Oakland can land Ramsey and pair him with Johnathan Abram and another corner, that could be a very good secondary in Las Vegas. The Raiders came up as a team Ramsey would like to play for in the future on the Bussin’ With The Boys podcast.
- Houston Texans. Houston could use a young, elite CB like Ramsey to help rejuvenate the defense. A pairing of Jalen Ramsey and Bradley Roby could put this secondary over the top when they’ll need it the most. Houston currently has $21.9M in cap space, which would be plenty for Ramsey.
- Tennessee Titans. It’s highly unlikely that Ramsey gets traded in the division but it’s worth noting, as Ramsey mentioned on the same podcast, that he would like to play for the Titans, his hometown team. If Tennessee can land Ramsey it would make trading Malcolm Butler that much easier for the team. Tennessee currently has $23M in cap space.
- Philadelphia Eagles. Yes, yes, we know, the Eagles have 50 corners on their roster, but not too many of them are proven in the league, or have stayed healthy enough to consistently play. Landing Ramsey would make the Eagles SuperBowl contenders again if Carson Wentz can stay healthy. If Philadelphia management can pull this trade off, Eagles fans will be petitioning for a statue outside the stadium.
- Kansas City Chiefs. There’s no question the Chiefs need help on defense, it’s just a matter of trying to pay Ramsey. The Chiefs have $21M in cap space this season along with $24M next off-season. If the Chiefs can acquire Ramsey, they will be able to contend with the Patriots for AFC champions again this year.