It recently came out that the Carolina Panthers could possibly look to trade QB Cam Newton if they decide to stick with Kyle Allen moving forward, with 10 teams potentially in the mix. We’re here to give you the top 5 landing spots for Cam Newton.
- Cincinnati Bengals. The Bengals are going nowhere with Andy Dalton, and fast. If they acquire Cam, it’ll give them a seasoned vet while not having to worry about the quote on quote “rookie mistakes.” The Bengals offense is at a standstill and Dalton isn’t helping fix that problem, so a change is needed for the team
- Tennessee Titans. The Titans will eventually need to find a new QB, whether it’s through next years draft, or with Cam. Tennessee is currently 2-4 and are in 4th place in their division. With much work to be done, especially at QB, trading for Cam would be a great start.
- Chicago Bears. Many think the Bears are in need of a QB change with Mitch Trubisky at helm, and if that is true, Chicgago needs to be contemplating a possible trade. Chicago currently has Chase Daniel starting while Trubisky is out due to a shoulder injury. Unless something changes in the next couple weeks leading up to the deadline, a change at QB will need to happen.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Buccaneers have their hands tied with Jameis Winston. He has shown flashes of being a franchise QB, but not even Bruce Arians is able to get the most out of Winston, and he’s cost the team too many games to be considered “the guy”. Winston is a Free Agent next off-season, the Buccaneers will need to think about a change soon.
- Oakland Raiders The Raiders currently have Derek Carr at QB, but with the past trade rumors, a trade could make things interesting. Oakland definitely has enough draft capital & salary cap to make this trade happen. Newton is making a base salary of $16M this year & $18M next season, with Oakland sitting at $26M cap space this season & just below $82M for next season. If a trade does happen, Newton could make this offense even more explosive. Adding him to an offense that already has Josh Jacobs & Tyrell Williams could make Raiders games very fun to watch.
Cam Newton is in his 4th year of a 5 year/$103M contract with $60M guaranteed.