There have recently been rumors floating around about a potential Trent Williams trade. While the Washington Redskins have refused to trade him, Williams holding out could force their hand before the trade deadline. Without further ado, here are our top 5 destinations for Williams.
- Cleveland Browns. The Browns are desperate for OL help, especially at LT, with Greg Robinson currently the starter. Cleveland’s offense currently ranks 19th, which isn’t the greatest after all the hype they received during the off-season, and a big part of that is due to the offensive line not holding up. Trent Williams would be a huge grab for the Browns as they look to improve a poor OL position, and this would be a huge step in the right direction for the team.
- New York Jets. The Jets are also a team that’s 1 or 2 pieces away from having a great run game. With Kelvin Beachum currently at LT & rookie Chuma Edoga sitting behind him & learning, an Offensive Line move could be in their future. With 6 picks in 2020 currently, the Jets could use one of those picks to solidify their OL.
- Los Angeles Chargers. With Trent Scott currently at their LT position, the Chargers could use an upgrade on their OL. Chargers normal LT, Russell Okung, is currently on the NFI list with blood clots. The Chargers will need to act quickly on this, along with paying a potentially steep ransom for Williams.
- Carolina Panthers. The Panthers have Darryl Williams at LT, and rookie Greg Little is not close to starting. Until Little is ready, the Panthers could use an upgrade right now. Acquiring Williams will allow the Panthers to shift around the OL, including moving Darryl Williams inside if needed.
- Buffalo Bills. The Bills are currently playing Dion Dawkins at LT, which has not been going well for Buffalo. Dion Dawkins was drafted by the Bills in 2017 to take over one of the teams tackle positions. 3 seasons later, Buffalo hasn’t been able to develop him the way they were hoping to. Buffalo will need to pay a steep price for Williams, but with 9 draft picks in 2020 along with 80M+ in cap space, Buffalo will be able to get a trade completed.
The NFL Trade Deadline is Tuesday, October 29th at 4 PM EST.