The NFL trade deadline is rapidly approaching as it ends on the 29th at 4 PM EST. We have seen a good amount of trades already, with a few being: CB Jalen Ramsey to the LA Rams, CB Marcus Peters to the Baltimore Ravens, and WR Emmanuel Sanders to the San Francisco 49ers. We’ll bring you the top 5 trades that should happen next.
- TE Tyler Eifert: New England Patriots. The Patriots are in dire need of a TE upgrade after Rob Gronkowski retiring early in the off-season. The Patriots recently acquired a pass-catcher in Mohamed Sanu, but could still use another player. Eifert, given his injury history, would probably cost somewhere around a 5th round pick. He’s currently on a 1 year/$4M contract with a $3M cap hit.
- CB Chris Harris Jr: Philadelpia Eagles. The Eagles secondary is arguably the worst in the league, so acquiring Harris would be a great move for the team. Philadelphia has tried to fix their secondary, but with injuries to Ronald Darby, Jalen Mills, and others, it has made it hard to control the development of the corners. Harris is on a 1 year/$12M contract.
- RB Kenyan Drake: Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Buccaneers are in a spot where they are desperately need a RB with Ronald Jones & Peyton Barber on the team. Drake is a talented young RB on the wrong side of a rebuilding team so a change of scenery would be helpful for him. Drake will provide nice relief for Jameis Winston once in a while, along with giving the team a very good run game. Drake is still on his 4 year/$3M rookie deal and will become a Free Agent next year.
- QB Cam Newton: Chicago Bears. The Bears, with Mitch Trubisky, will need to look for a new QB soon, and they should be calling Carolina about Newton. He’s still capable of being a very good QB if he is able to stay healthy. If so, the Bears can have Newton for the next 5+ years. Newton is on a 5 year/$103M deal & will become a Free Agent in 2021.
- DL Leonard Williams: Oakland Raiders. Williams has also become the odd man out in New York with the team looking to sell some of their players for draft picks. Williams will garner a mid-late round pick from a team. Oakland currently has Arden Key & Clellin Ferrell at DE, so they could use some depth at the position. Williams can play DE/DT which would make his trade price go up to an extent. He’s currently on the final year of his 4 year/$18M contract.