Earlier today ESPN reporter Adam Schefter mentioned that the Los Angeles Rams are open to trading CB Aqib Talib before Tuesday’s 4 PM deadline. With cap space being tight for the Rams, they will need to find ways to create some cap for their young stars. As we do a lot at The Sports Wave, we’ll give you our top 5 landing spots for Aqib Talib.
- Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles secondary could use a lot of work. They have a lot of young corners that don’t have experience, or haven’t been with each other long enough to gel on the field. Their young corners include Avonte Maddox, Sidney Jones, and Rasul Douglas. With the injuries to Ronald Darby, he’s almost been unreliable at times, which means they are going to have to look into finding another star corner to take some pressure off of Jalen Mills. Talib, given his age & contract, would probably only cost a mid round pick.
- Kansas City Chiefs. Kansas City is another team that is desperate for a corner. With just Kendall Fuller & Bashaud Breeland, the Chiefs are going to need to acquire another corner to go deep into the playoffs. With $22M cap space, the Chiefs can definitely afford Talib’s contract.
- Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons just seem to get burnt by injuries to their secondary every year. Due to their injuries, they haven’t really lived up to their hype since the Super Bowl a few years ago. With that, Atlanta needs to look for a corner to take some of the load off of Desmond Trufant every week. Atlanta still has a nice young corner in Isaiah Oliver, but could use another All-Pro in that secondary to help solidify it more.
- Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jaguars as we all know, traded Jalen Ramsey to the Rams a couple weeks ago. Hence, with just AJ Bouye & Tre Herndon, Jacksonville will need another star corner on that defense. With just $9M in cap space, the team could potentially have to move some money around to make this trade work. Could another corner help take this young team riddled with potential to the playoffs?
- New York Giants. The Giants have been rumored to have CB Janoris Jenkins on the trade block, which would mean they would need another veteran presence in the CB room. With just Sam Beal & DeAndre Baker in the secondary after Jenkins, this would make for an interesting trade. The Giants currently have $3M in cap space, which would make a trade difficult to happen.
Talib has totaled 14 tackles in just 5 games this season with the Rams. He’s a Free Agent after this season.