With the trade deadline on the horizon & coming up on November 3rd, trade rumors have heated up quickly. We’ve already seen a couple trades happen, including Yannick Ngakoue to the Baltimore Ravens for a couple picks, and Kamalei Correa to the Jacksonville Jaguars for a draft pick. teams like the New York jets seem to be tanking for the 1st pick, and getting as many picks as they can in future years. Other teams like the Jacksonville Jaguars or Minnesota Vikings may look to dump contracts, or in the Vikings sense, tank. Here are my trades that need to happen by the deadline.
- Philadelphia Eagles TE Zach Ertz: New England Patriots for a 4th round pick. Ertz & the Eagles seem to have stalled in contract talks lately, and with those talks going nowhere, a trade seems pretty likely. What also doesn’t help his case is that they have Dallas Goedert waiting in the wings and, quite frankly, is a more than capable replacement for Ertz. The Patriots have enough cap space to make a trade (and a contract extension) happen. Ertz has had a very good career with Philadelphia, totaling 5,921 yards & 38 TDs in 8 seasons with the team.
- New York Jets S Marcus Maye: Dallas Cowboys for a 2nd round pick. Maye has been having a very good season with the Jets since he’s moved to Free Safety, totaling 34 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 tackles for loss, and 4 passes defensed in 6 games. Maye will need a contract very soon, so a trade would save the team a lot of money for the future, while also giving them extra picks for the future.
- Cincinnati Bengals WR AJ Green: San Francisco 49ers for a 5th round pick. Green doesn’t have a lot of trade value, especially due to his contract (1 year/$18M), so the Bengals would be smart to take that offer. For the 49ers, they are in need of some WRs, with Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk being their only two, and Deebo missing some time due to injury, some insurance will be a need for San Francisco.
- New York Jets DT Quinnen Williams: Las Vegas Raiders for a 1st round pick & a 3rd round pick. if you remember at last year’s trade deadline, the jets had a “blockbuster” trade offer for Williams that included a 1st round pick + more. Quinnen has looked better the last couple of weeks, which should up his value more. If the jets can make both of these trades, they would have 3 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks, and 3 3rd round picks.
- Jacksonville Jaguars LB Myles Jack: Pittsburgh Steelers for a 3rd round pick. The Steelers just lost Devin Bush for the season, and on top of that, they were already thin at depth. Jack has had a good season so far, totaling 41 tackles, 1 sack, and 2 QB hits so far this season.
- Cleveland Browns TE David Njoku: Arizona Cardinals for a 5th round pick. The Browns added two TEs Austin Hooper & Harrison Bryant,, so his snaps have obviously gone down quit a bit. There has been rumors about him requesting a trade again this season, rumors which he has denied.
Other trade options include: TE Kyle Rudolph, TE Evan Engram, RB Jordan Howard, WR John Ross, and WR Jamison Crowder